12.3.2006 - juurta jaksain

Pari viikkoa sitten iski jälleen ruisleivän ikävä. Äiti lähetti postissa valokopioita parista vanhasta keittokirjasta, jossa selitetään miten hapanjuuren voi tehdä itse, ja miten hapanleipä nostatetaan ja leivotaan. Tiistaina laitoin juuren muhimaan (sitä piti ruokkia päivittäin) ja perjantaina taikinan tekeentymään. Eilen iltapäivällä pääsin lopulta itse paistovaiheeseen, ja päästiin maistamaan kokeilun tuloksia.
- pienet ruisleipäset (1/3 vehnää, myös hieman hiivaa nostatusta varten) oikein hyviä
- isompi reikäleipä (samasta taikinasta) katosi kaveriporukan suihin välittömästi
- ruislimppu (pelkkää ruista, ei hiivaa, kesti tosi kauan nousta) ei ole vielä maistettu
A few weeks ago I realised I was missing rye bread again. Mum sent me some recipes copied from old cook books that tell you how to make a starte culture yourself, and how to use that culture to make dough, let it rise and then finally bake it. I made the starter on tuesday (it must be fed daily) and made the dough on Friday. Yesterday afternoon I finally got to the baking stage and we got to try the results.
- little round rye breads (1/3 wheat, a little yeast too) very good
- bigger flat loaf (same dough) took it to a party where it quickly disappeared
- a sourdough loaf (no yeast, just rye, took a while to leaven), haven´t tried it yet.
Comments
hugs,
I took a few pieces of bread in a plastic bag over to Outi, another Finn. She didnt know I was baking, so her first reaction was to seeing the bag and its contents was: moldy bread?