8.10.2005 - puikoissa
Työviikko se vain meni että vilahti. Maanantaisin on orkesteriharjoitukset, jossain kohdin keskellä viikkoa yritämme käydä seinäkiipeilemässä, keskiviikkona mahdollisesti katsomassa uusimman jakson Lost-telkkarisarjaa ja sitten onkin jo viikonloppu. Perjantaina meidät oli kutsuttu pelaamaan lautapelejä naapuriin. Jäin harjoittelemaan pariksi tunniksi ja sitten menin seuraamaan lautapeliä ja nukahdin sinne sohvalle. Miten nolo valokuva meistä otettiinkaan! Tänään siivosimme ja laiskottelimme (hassua miten molempia voi tehdä, mutta jos siivoaa pyjamissa, tavoite ei ole mahdoton). Hankimme kolmekymppiä pyöräyttäneelle kaverille piknik-korin ja lopulta menimme myös elokuviin. Leffan nimi oli Serenity ja odotin siitä jotain spastisten masentavaa synkistelypätkää ihmisistä, jotka epätoivoisesti etsivät mielenrauhaa - leffa olikin ihan katsottava tieteisleffa jossa oli muutama kohta jossa sopi hörähtää kohteliaasti vitsille.
The week went by in a flash. Mondays are always orchestra, then somewhere in midweek we go wall climbing, wednesday also we try to go see the latest episode of Lost and then we are more or less at the weekend. On Friday we were invited to play games. I stayed on to practice for two hours and then joined in later, watching Catan being settled and falling asleep on the sofa. Oh what an embarrassing photo we made! Today we were just being lazy and cleaning (I know that is an odd kind of combination, but vacuuming in pyjamas makes it possible). Then we got a picnic basket for a friend who turned 30 and ended up going to the movies. We watched Serenity, which I was quite expecting to be a profoundly depressing story of people looking in vain for some semblance of calm or mental balance - it turned out to be a fairly watchable sci-fi bit with some action and a few bits where it was appropriate to laugh at a joke.
Huomenna on brunssi, kiipeilyä, soittamista ja pyykkiä, ihan kelvollinen sunnuntai.
Tomorrow we are having a brunch, going climbing, making music and doing laundry, a good sunday.
Ai niin - IDEOlla on kutomakerho. Törmäsin heihin viikolla ja sain kerän kivaa lankaa ja virkkuukoukun mukaani! (täkäläisillä on uskomattoman vaivalloisen näköinen tapa kutoa, muuten). Kun seuraavana päivänä vein virkatun pipon hyväntekeväisyyteen huutokaupattavien tuotteiden joukkoon, vastaanoton täti hihkaisi ja kapsahti kaulaani. Ilmeisesti kukaan ei ole aiemmin virkannut pipoihin rastapötköjä... Jos seuraavaksi tekisi neljäntuulen pipon ja sitten vaikka kokeilisi taas kutomista...
I also was going to mention that IDEO has a knitting club that knits for charity. I bumped into them in the week, and got some yarn and a crochet hook. The next day I returned the completed hat, the lady shrieked with joy and hugged me. Funny. I guess they had not seen dreadlocks on hats before?... next maybe a lappish inspired hat and then maybe a bit of knitting, a scarf maybe...
The week went by in a flash. Mondays are always orchestra, then somewhere in midweek we go wall climbing, wednesday also we try to go see the latest episode of Lost and then we are more or less at the weekend. On Friday we were invited to play games. I stayed on to practice for two hours and then joined in later, watching Catan being settled and falling asleep on the sofa. Oh what an embarrassing photo we made! Today we were just being lazy and cleaning (I know that is an odd kind of combination, but vacuuming in pyjamas makes it possible). Then we got a picnic basket for a friend who turned 30 and ended up going to the movies. We watched Serenity, which I was quite expecting to be a profoundly depressing story of people looking in vain for some semblance of calm or mental balance - it turned out to be a fairly watchable sci-fi bit with some action and a few bits where it was appropriate to laugh at a joke.
Huomenna on brunssi, kiipeilyä, soittamista ja pyykkiä, ihan kelvollinen sunnuntai.
Tomorrow we are having a brunch, going climbing, making music and doing laundry, a good sunday.
Ai niin - IDEOlla on kutomakerho. Törmäsin heihin viikolla ja sain kerän kivaa lankaa ja virkkuukoukun mukaani! (täkäläisillä on uskomattoman vaivalloisen näköinen tapa kutoa, muuten). Kun seuraavana päivänä vein virkatun pipon hyväntekeväisyyteen huutokaupattavien tuotteiden joukkoon, vastaanoton täti hihkaisi ja kapsahti kaulaani. Ilmeisesti kukaan ei ole aiemmin virkannut pipoihin rastapötköjä... Jos seuraavaksi tekisi neljäntuulen pipon ja sitten vaikka kokeilisi taas kutomista...
I also was going to mention that IDEO has a knitting club that knits for charity. I bumped into them in the week, and got some yarn and a crochet hook. The next day I returned the completed hat, the lady shrieked with joy and hugged me. Funny. I guess they had not seen dreadlocks on hats before?... next maybe a lappish inspired hat and then maybe a bit of knitting, a scarf maybe...
Comments
Just to let you know that I'm reading your excellent blogg though not extremely regularly...
Now time to play some scales on my viola!